Saturday, July 24, 2010

July 22 New York

I spent the day as a tourist today, trying to see as much of New York City as possible in one day. Thanks to D & F for being such great hosts and giving me the New York in a minute tutorial. I started my day by walking around ground zero listening to an audio walking tour which told the story of the buildings and of some of the victims. Incredible stories that yanked at my emotions some.

I walked around a bit and got a glimpse of the Statue of Liberty


and the Brooklyn Bridge



Then a subway trip to the Empire State Building. Here is the view looking north to Central Park


From there a walk to Central Park where I wandered for 2 hours before I got on the subway again to go to a New York Yankees ball game.






The stadium is Incredible. All the workers there were fantastic helping me find my way around.

After the game back on the subway (I'm a pro now) to Times Square to see the huge lighted signs. Quite a sight, very much like Las Vegas.

Then back to the Adventure loft to share my day with my New York hosts.

What a day.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you covered a lot of ground. I love your pictures, especially the one of the Statue of Liberty and the view of Central Park really puts into perspective just how huge the park is. Amazing! W :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave!
    Your photos are so great- love the boots in the sand and the lobster pot pie. Looks like you are having a great adventure- We love your blog. Keep Dry & safe.
    xo
    BWK

    ReplyDelete